Re: [Amps] I dont accept answers to why did Heath die?

To: amps@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [Amps] I dont accept answers to why did Heath die?
From: "Bill, W6WRT" <dezrat1242@yahoo.com>
Date: Mon, 01 Feb 2010 11:53:29 -0800
ORIGINAL MESSAGE:

On Mon, 01 Feb 2010 14:14:34 -0500, Frank T Brady
<franktbrady@comcast.net> wrote:

>Bill,
>I browsed the WinKey site and it didn't pop right out as to how/why
>WinKey solves SDR latency.
>Could you expand on that just a little?
>tx frank w0ecs

REPLY:

I don't claim to be any great expert, but I'll try. The problem with
Windows software generating the keying signals is that Windows does
multitasking and that can upset the timing of the dots and dashes, and
of course timing is crucial.

When using WinKey, the Windows program simply sends a command to
WinKey that says in effect "send the letter A" for example, and WinKey
itself generates a correctly timed keying signal.

If my explanation is incorrect, someone jump in and correct me.

73, Bill W6WRT