Re: [Amps] winding xformer

To: zl2aaa@paradise.net.nz,Amps@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [Amps] winding xformer
From: Missouri Guy <n0tt1@juno.com>
Date: Mon, 8 Feb 2010 02:15:12 +0000
I wound one once....used the formulas from the
ARRL handbook and from an old QST article.
Low tech, but it worked just fine.
The real "trick" is to get the primary
right so it doesn't draw too much current
when there's no load on the secondary.  So, I'd
wind the primary first per your calculations, see if
it heats up too much; if not, then go for the secondary.

Charlie  N0TT