Re: [Amps] Hotswitching issues 30s-1

To: <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [Amps] Hotswitching issues 30s-1
From: "pc5m, Carel" <pc5m@xs4all.nl>
Date: Sat, 20 Feb 2010 19:43:42 +0100
Hi Cecil,

1. Use an (external) sequencer which act upon PTT assertion (CW and/or SSB)
and controls your rig and amplifier accordingly
2. Use some delay between assertion of CW PTT and first dit/dot to make sure
you don't lose the first one and sound like A5DL :-)

For 1. There are many solutions, one of the is at
http://www.xs4all.nl/~kvgog/projects/tx_rx2.html
For 2. Check out Winkey www.k1el.com , in most of the (contest) applications
the "lead time" is settable to let's say 100ms.

Gl, Carel