Re: [Amps] [HeathKit_HFAmps] Step Start circuit - needed or not?

To: <HeathKit_HFAmps@yahoogroups.com>, <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [Amps] [HeathKit_HFAmps] Step Start circuit - needed or not?
From: "Carl" <km1h@jeremy.mv.com>
Date: Tue, 23 Feb 2010 12:04:42 -0500
It is not necessary but if it makes you feel good then do it. You will also
help the economy.........

Many ignore the fact that the power and filament transformers or windings when
combined, offer more than sufficient inrush protection. Instead they ignore
those items in the calculations.

The SB-1000 requirement was established years ago when the designer stated that
inrush was not necessary and only included in later Ameritron amps to satisfy
the Nervous Nellies that believe every thing that is published in ham rags by
uninformed people. The SB-1000 is an AL-80 clone for the most part and was sold
to Heath by Ameritron.

Ameritron also offers parts support even today.

Carl
KM1H