Re: [Amps] Outrageous Prices on Ebay

To: Lee Buller <k0wa@swbell.net>
Subject: Re: [Amps] Outrageous Prices on Ebay
From: Roger <sub1@rogerhalstead.com>
Date: Fri, 05 Mar 2010 22:42:09 -0500

Lee Buller wrote:
> Maybe I am not realistic here....but I have been following some bids on EPay.
>  An HA-14 amp and power supply went for $516.  I find that to be outrageous
> and high.  I know they are rare, but you could buy a 30L1 for few bucks more.
>
> I am of the opinion that prices on EPay are out of sight.

The prices vary widely from cheap to outrageous. I've seen 30L1's go for
less than that in nice looking shape. What they were actually like I
don't know.  Get two people who want something and it's likely to get
pricey.  If there isn't any one who is really looking for something, but
says, "I could use that" and it may become a bargain. They also tend to
cycle with the economy.  *most* items are now going for far less than
they were during the peak of the "dot com boom", but there are
exceptions.  Ham amps seem to be going for comparatively reasonable
prices.  OTOH if it is something that some one has been looking for, all
bets are off.

Remember too that when buying hams "can find it cheaper elsewhere" and
when selling, it's rare and like new quality.

73

Roger (K8RI)