Re: [Amps] Manganin wire

To: amps <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [Amps] Manganin wire
From: Ron Youvan <ka4inm@tampabay.rr.com>
Date: Sun, 07 Mar 2010 12:58:25 +0000
> I already knew about the issues given forth about using a center taped heater
> transformer with bias voltage feed on the center tap- and its a minor issue.
> Im trying to divide and conquer my metering issues. Either my Meter is out of
> spec or the Manganin wire is. Guess i could just simply jumper it with some
> high voltage wire and see if the metering goes to scale and might even be
> past stopper. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Manganin

   Putting a similar meter (same internal resistance and FS sensitivity) would
result in two meters
displaying the same meter deflection (disregard the scales) if they have the
same sensitivity.
Old meters become less sensitivity when the magnet looses strength.
--
    Ron KA4INM - I'm proud to be Chuck's pop!