Re: [Amps] PTFE dielectricum variable cap

To: pc5m@xs4all.nl, amps@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [Amps] PTFE dielectricum variable cap
From: TexasRF@aol.com
Date: Mon, 15 Mar 2010 17:03:36 EDT

Carel, dielectric losses in PTFE are many times lower than the dielectric
material in ceramic capacitors. Your idea should work just fine
electrically.  Your challenge will be the mechanical design to keep the PTFE in
place. I
 suppose you could use circular shaped insulators so that their position
makes no  difference in operation.

Please do let us all know how your novel idea works out.

73,
Gerald K5GW

In a message dated 3/15/2010 3:36:46 P.M. Central Daylight Time,