Re: [Amps] placement of RF choke bypass cap.

To: "Jim Thomson" <Jim.thom@telus.net>, <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [Amps] placement of RF choke bypass cap.
From: "Carl" <km1h@jeremy.mv.com>
Date: Wed, 17 Mar 2010 10:46:03 -0400
> From: "Bill, W6WRT" <dezrat1242@yahoo.com>
> Subject: Re: [Amps] Placement of plate r-f choke bypass capacitor

Bypass caps are cheap and good insurance.

An interesting concept I saw in a commercial amp was each tube fed with its
own plate choke with ends right at the anode cap. The B+ feed was on a small
ceramic standoff attached to a roughly 3/4" diameter aluminum spacer to
ground. The bypass cap was across the ceramic insulator. The tubes were
4CX250's so all lengths were quite small.

Carl
KM1H