Re: [Amps] Good engineering

To: <Gary@ka1j.com>, <Amps@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [Amps] Good engineering
From: "Edward Swynar" <gswynar@durham.net>
Date: Wed, 24 Mar 2010 14:25:56 -0500
On 24th March, Gary wrote:

"...What he found at issue was that instructor's contention that good
engineering was to design so that the item would last for the length of the
warranty plus one day..."

Hi Gary,

What an attitude to have in that profession! Unbelievable...

I guess we can collectively only hope & pray that his graduates didn't get
into designing building sprinkler systems ("...Good for one fire!"), bridges
("...Safe for 1012 crossings---good luck if you're the lucky number one
thousand & 13th"), and airplanes ("Guaranteed for 100 cross-country flights
only").

Some things you simply can not, & should not, attach to a time-line...

~73~ de Eddy VE3CUI - VE3XZ