Re: [Amps] Good engineering

To: <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [Amps] Good engineering
From: "Bill, W6WRT" <dezrat1242@yahoo.com>
Date: Wed, 24 Mar 2010 12:33:51 -0700
ORIGINAL MESSAGE:

On Wed, 24 Mar 2010 11:34:11 -0500, "Edward Swynar"
<gswynar@durham.net> wrote:

>In short, DOA was designed to be "...just enough"---just enough to get the
>product out the door, looking reasonably good. What it ignored was the very
>real "...just in case" of after-market repairs. In short, we had evolved
>(de-volved?) into making a throw-away car, much as our of-shore peers had
>been essentially doing for years before us.

REPLY:

I think you meant DFA instead of DOA (or maybe not), but I hear you
loud and clear. What you are talking about is a marketing or
accounting decision, not an engineering one. I'll bet the engineers at
your plant resisted mightily, or at least the conscientious ones did.

73, Bill W6WRT