Re: [Amps] L and C "meter"

To: Carl <km1h@jeremy.mv.com>
Subject: Re: [Amps] L and C "meter"
From: "Peter Frenning [OZ1PIF]" <peter@frenning.dk>
Date: Mon, 29 Mar 2010 17:23:59 +0200
Carl skrev:
> I use a handheld Wavetek LM22A I got at Dayton in the mid 80's which does as
> good as the pricey HP in the rack. I dont trust any of them in the range
> needed for 10-6M but after awhile its easy to guesstimate and adjust turns
> spacing to dial in.
>
> I also use a military TS-617C Q Meter for LC ratio evaluation and that is an
> invaluable tool for the experimenter.Its not a Boonton circuit but a much
> better mid 70's design. $42 on Ebay about 4 years ago
>
> >From what Ive heard the B&K is excellent.
>
> Carl
> KM1H

I use a cheap PIC-based instrument of Australian design (Phil Rice,
VK3BHR), which we kitted as a clubproject last year. it cost around 100$
to build, is uncannily accurate, and very easy to use. I have fashioned
a "pincer- like" probe for measuring SMD components from a few strips of
PCB material.

--
Vy 73 de OZ1PIF/5Q2M, Peter

** Genius is one per cent inspiration, **
** and ninety-nine per cent            **
** perspiration.                       **
**               -- Thomas A. Edison   **
email: peter(no-spam filler)@frenning.dk
http://www.frenning.dk/oz1pif.htm
Ph. +45 4619 3239
Snailmail: