Re: [Amps] contact bounce

To: amps@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [Amps] contact bounce
From: James Irving <k9jfk@yahoo.com>
Date: Sun, 4 Apr 2010 09:08:16 -0700 (PDT)
Someone recently described a way to "hot shot" a relay circuit.  First...They
proposed to double the voltage.
Second... Put a resistor in series with the normal speed coil.
Third... The faster speed relay would have the same value resistor, but
paralleled by electrolytic cap.

Why not try to reverse the thinking for your problem.  Instead of speeding up
the output relay, slow down the input relay.  Put a low value resistor in
series with the input relay... just a couple of ohms to limit current surge.
After that, put a capacitor across the relay coil, just big enough to give you
a couple of msec delay before the cap charges.

There will also be a slight delay on releasing the relay, but no rf should be
coming from the amp.

Haven't tried it.  Would only work with dc relays, and the relay power source
would need to deliver a little surge.

73, Jim, k9jfk

Message: 2