Re: [Amps] Matched set 8122's needed

To: "Hsu" <hsu4qro@gmail.com>, "Frank T Brady" <franktbrady@comcast.net>
Subject: Re: [Amps] Matched set 8122's needed
From: "Van K7VS" <wa7fab@cdsnet.net>
Date: Mon, 5 Apr 2010 15:16:35 -0800
I don't know, but can tell you that I had to to eventually replace a bad
tube in each of the ncl-2000's I was running at the time and I simply bought
a pair for each amplifier at somewhat different times.  They certainly were
not matched and they ran hard in the two amps for several years back in the
early seventies and finally sold them with full output according to what
National said.

I am sure some purist will tell you they must be matched.  And lots of
gobblygook about why, but over the years,  I have run a lot of amplifiers
without worrying about "matching" tubes including the two Alpha's that I
have now.
Van K7VS