Re: [Amps] A few nice ones on E-Bay

To: "'Patrick'" <tpblogeditor@gmail.com>, "'Randall, Randy'" <Randy.Randall@healthall.com>
Subject: Re: [Amps] A few nice ones on E-Bay
From: "Sam Carpenter" <sam@owenscommunication.com>
Date: Fri, 9 Apr 2010 16:05:34 -0400
It as a little different than that. They set it up to act like the Drake T4xb
in AM. You could drive it with low power and it would have a resting carrier of
low power (under 100 watts) but when modulated, it would give a peak on a
normal what meter over 1000 watts. You could use it key down in the am mode w/0
upgraded transformer because it had not much more of a duty cycle than if in
SSB. Sounded really loud on frequency and off.

Sam , N9FUT