Re: [Amps] HV lytic max V ratings..some notes.

To: "Carl Clawson" <carlclawson@verizon.net>, <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [Amps] HV lytic max V ratings..some notes.
From: "Carl" <km1h@jeremy.mv.com>
Date: Sat, 10 Apr 2010 09:51:27 -0400
IMO the only rule is the heat rise.

If the ripple and ESR is low and the cap remains cool you can run it close
to the max as long as turn on peak ratings arent exceeded. This also assumes
spike suppression is used. I always use the very basic touch test to
determine a caps ability.....after discharging of course.

I dont know if it still holds with some caps but they used to have a memory.
IOW if run for a long spell (weeks, months) at say 60% of ratings and then
run at max they had a tendency to fail.

Carl
KM1H