Re: [Amps] Perfect Tube for your Next Amp Project

To: "Carl" <km1h@jeremy.mv.com>,<amps@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [Amps] Perfect Tube for your Next Amp Project
From: Alek Petkovic <vk6apk@bigpond.com>
Date: Mon, 12 Apr 2010 09:15:47 +0800
Yeah, I remember the radio station in my home
town in country Western Australia in the early
70's. The station, 6NA on 918kHz used 833As in
the AWA transmitter for modulator and finals.
(807 Oscillator and 813 buffer) My uncle,
VK6XW,  was station engineer. I remember seeing a
few pulls in the spares cupboard that were all silvered over like that.

The pics of that 4-1000A brought back the memory.

73, Alek
VK6APK

At 09:00 AM 12/04/2010, Carl wrote:
>The very HV used in some pulse circuits causes
>the glass to do that. Ive heard the chemical reason but dont remember it.
>
>Carl
>KM1H
>

>----- Original Message ----- From: "Alek Petkovic" <vk6apk@bigpond.com>

 From sunny Binningup, Western Australia