Re: [Amps] HV toroid, ebay item # 370270095930

To: dick@dkhanson.com, amps@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [Amps] HV toroid, ebay item # 370270095930
From: TexasRF@aol.com
Date: Thu, 22 Apr 2010 15:32:59 EDT
Where are you guys finding this item? When I search for that number I get a
 not found message.

73,
Gerald K5GW

In a message dated 4/22/2010 2:18:09 P.M. Central Daylight Time,
keepwalking188@yahoo.com writes:

Dick,

The text mentions 950V @ 0.750 per secondary (uses the  word each).    So
it
seems to me that the guy is saying that  means, series connected
secondaries
should yield 1980V RMS @ 0.75A based  on the 240V feed - about same as you
are seeing.

A friend and I  were discussing this for use as a possible supply and I
thought it would  run about 2600-2700V DC loaded with a FWBR.  Just about
perfect also  for a set of GI7b.  :)

Wonder what the temp rise would be with  that TX at the 750 ma draw
sustained???

Not sure if it's the same  company or not - but Antek is a huge supplier of
computer power supplies  in the aftermarket.  Generally speaking a good
reliable name from the  PC side of the  business.

73/jeff/ac0c