Re: [Amps] Tube Storage, vacuum containers

To: "'Patrick Barthelow'" <apolloeme@live.com>, <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [Amps] Tube Storage, vacuum containers
From: "Sam Carpenter" <sam@owenscommunication.com>
Date: Fri, 30 Apr 2010 10:30:04 -0400
I am surprised that the Russians are not doing that. In the past when I
purchased bulk eastern block machinegun ammo, it had always been packaged in
"sardine cans" that were pumped down and then painted and sealed. The stuff
from 60 years ago still had vacuum. I suppose you could silver solder a
refrigeration sealed system nozzle onto something and get an old pump used
for that and draw down a near perfect vacuum. That last inch or so takes a
long time but if you let it pump long enough, you can get there. I love that
idea for 3-500 or 4-1000. There will come a day we would surely appreciate
having done it.
Sam,N9FUT