Re: [Amps] Heath copyright

To: Glen Zook <gzook@yahoo.com>
Subject: Re: [Amps] Heath copyright
From: Saandy Eban <alexeban@gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 21 May 2010 12:41:11 +0300
yeees, that true in a way. but  how you cope with something like the fact
that Heath is DEAD?
Who  is the beneficiary of the intellectual knowledge of a defunct company?
Usually, a company is required by law to provide service and spares for its
products for a certain length of time, after having sold the product. if it
falls, i don't see a reason why the last resource remaining to keep the
product alive shouldn't pass in the public domain. It seems to me that it
should be part of the company's responsibility- well, it probably doesn't
exactly fit to Heath, since at the time electronic copies weren't available-
but but selling a TS-140 manual for 40$ IS forcing many of us to resort to
illegal copies!
Alex     4Z5KS

Saandy