Re: [Amps] GS-35b 2 meter amp - plate capacitor spacing from tube?

To: <TexasRF@aol.com>, <billdz.geo@yahoo.com>, <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [Amps] GS-35b 2 meter amp - plate capacitor spacing from tube?
From: "Thomas Hoeppe" <thomas.hoeppe@asamnet.de>
Date: Fri, 11 Jun 2010 05:36:00 +0200
Hello Bill and Gerald,

it is also possible that the load C is at a low value. In that case you need
more C on the plate. Often, only C plate can be reached from the front,
while C load is inside....a brass screw with locking nut or a "sliding"
construction.
If it is really necessary to increase the plate C, I would increase the
flapper size instead of getting to close to the anode. BTW: If you add a
piece of teflon sheet between the flapper and the anode, the capacitance
will increase....and also the safety!

Tom, DJ5RE