[Amps] TL 922 Amp. Other problem in my amp.

To: amps <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: [Amps] TL 922 Amp. Other problem in my amp.
From: Eduardo de Vera Mateo <ea8auw@gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 21 Jun 2010 12:48:56 +0000
Hello Everybody !

I have a problem with my Kenwood TL 922 amp. concretely with the
filaments transformer (T2) some time ago with a hard fried noise and
smoke.

I'm try repair it and now I have a new never use filaments transformer
installed, at the moments have not the hard fried noise but if I have
a little smoke and probably it returns to break quickly.

I put a 1 amp. fuse in the primary entry of 120 Volts for protection
in the filaments transformer. when I connected the amplifier to
electrical suministry this fuse it's broken for 2 times and later I am
soldered 3 cable copper filaments in the fuse and not broken more but
the transformer smoking little bit and I disconnect quickly.

I am not installed the 3-500 Z tubes at the moments for this reason.

The HV transformer tell me in CW position 2.100 Volts and in the SSB
position 3.100 Volts.

Where can to it's the breakdown ?  In the HV Transformer, in the
Electrolytic capacitors block or in other part ...............

Thanks for your help !

I hope to solve this.

73 de Edu - EA8AUW

PD. sorry, I hope that understand me, my english lenguage it's very poor.