Re: [Amps] Size of Parasitic Chokes

To: "Roger" <sub1@rogerhalstead.com>, <Amps@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [Amps] Size of Parasitic Chokes
From: "Carl" <km1h@jeremy.mv.com>
Date: Thu, 15 Jul 2010 20:53:59 -0400
The YC-156 doesnt use a socket and hasnt shown any need for a suppressor.

With a spectrum analyzer its rather easy to spot a parasitic and then design
whats needed. Many of the big triodes are extremely stable. Tetrodes respond
well to grid suppressors, adequate screen bypassing and with a Carborundum
style plate suppressor.

I cant say what these big tubes are like on VHF but Id be tempted to build a
rather big cavity for 6M to get around the output C problem. I believe that
is used on the FM and TV frequencies.

Is it worth the bother?

Carl
KM1H