[Amps] MDI Mercury contactor for Henry step start

To: amps@contesting.com
Subject: [Amps] MDI Mercury contactor for Henry step start
From: Donald Fox <taurusshoguy@yahoo.com>
Date: Mon, 19 Jul 2010 09:02:59 -0700 (PDT)
Gentlemen:

I have located the company called MDI in Michigan that makes the black SP-1072
mercury contactors used in the oem Henry step start system.

This unit and a 50 ohm 100 watt resistor are all l you need for a very
effective SS system in whatever amp you put it in.

I recently got around to installing one in my 3K Classic X that I had to have
the ECA 1214 repaired in. Now, no more thump upon power up!

They have quoted me a price of $80 each which is steep, but just wanted to see
if anyone here was intersested in a piggyback order. FIY this is their 25+
quantity pricing to help us out, as they no longer have a demand from Henry.

I want to install an SS in my 3002A since it has the pricey 1171 HV xformer
that we know also is subject to power on surge damage.

                                                            Don   N8ECH