Re: [Amps] More parasitic choke questions

To: vic@rakefet.com, amps@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [Amps] More parasitic choke questions
From: TexasRF@aol.com
Date: Thu, 29 Jul 2010 11:59:43 EDT
Vic and all, some rough calcs at 100 mHz shows close agreement with your
results. Assuming the 12 uH number is a parallel equivalent, converting that
to  a series form results in 100 +j1.33 or 2.1 nH.

That is in the ballpark for numbers quoted by several others for MOX type
resistors in recent days.

The parallel inductive reactance of the resistor is so high compared to the
 small inductance reactance of a typical suppressor that it can be  ignored.

How can that type resistor not work just fine?

73,
Gerald K5GW

In a message dated 7/29/2010 10:29:26 A.M. Central Daylight Time,