Re: [Amps] More parasitic choke questions

To: <dezrat1242@yahoo.com>, <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [Amps] More parasitic choke questions
From: "Carl" <km1h@jeremy.mv.com>
Date: Fri, 30 Jul 2010 19:36:31 -0400
From: "Bill, W6WRT" <dezrat1242@yahoo.com>
To: <amps@contesting.com>
Sent: Friday, July 30, 2010 12:41 PM

I see then that you blame vintage 30-50 year old amps with cooked
suppressors as proof of poor design. Or in the case of the HF-2500 about 15
years old and most likely tuned by someone not familiar with the procedure
as the 3CX800A7 is one of the hardest tubes to get to take off. The HF-2500
Ive recently rebuilt has seen heavy contest duty and the suppressors are
fine as are the original tubes.

Perhaps you simply ignore the history of carbon resistors that go way up in
tolerance simply by sitting around. Im pretty sure that amp manufacturers
werent splurging for the more expensive and high quality Allen Bradley
version.

I predict that suppressor resistors will continue to fry as long as carbon
composition are used. Contesters use 10M at any part of the cycle even to
get just a few points, and there is a full blown 10M contest every year; I
rarely hear of them having problems.

Bill I really feel sorry for you when you show your incompetance in such a
grand manner. I suggest again that you actually read and understand the
purpose of a suppressor.

Carl
KM1H