Re: [Amps] winding toroids

To: "Carl" <km1h@jeremy.mv.com>, "Roger" <sub1@rogerhalstead.com>, <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [Amps] winding toroids
From: "Jeff Blaine" <keepwalking188@yahoo.com>
Date: Fri, 30 Jul 2010 18:05:47 -0500
Toroids work but be sure to dedicate only one toroid per band - don't share
the bands fractionally.

I made a mistake in my first build sharing one toroid for 40/80 duty.  On
40, the few turns covering only a faction of the core results in local flux
density way too high leading to excess heating around those wraps as a
result.  Efficiency is off quite a bit as well.

I'm sure Carl and the other seasoned guys would not have made that mistake
but I have not see the subject mentioned otherwise.

Good luck.

73/jeff/ac0c
www.ac0c.com