Re: [Amps] triode or tetrode

To: <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [Amps] triode or tetrode
From: "DF3KV" <df3kv@t-online.de>
Date: Thu, 26 Aug 2010 17:38:04 +0200
Hi Jim,

I had the same problem, my usual amp is missing 160m as well.
I decided to use a single 3CX3000A7 in GG for my 160m amp.
The tube is instant on and the cooling requirement is low.
With a relatively low Q in the Pi-L there is no need for auto tune.
Once tuned up at 1850 I don´t have to worry about retuning unless I move
towards 2MHz.
Headroom is plenty of course and no chance to overdrive the grid with a 200W
transceiver.

73
Peter