Re: [Amps] Metering Boards

To: amps@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [Amps] Metering Boards
From: Roger <sub1@rogerhalstead.com>
Date: Sun, 05 Sep 2010 18:01:41 -0400

On 9/5/2010 11:01 AM, Bill, W6WRT wrote:
> [...]

It's not the OS.  Heat is the enemy of all HDs and yes the new SSHDs are
great, but expensive particularly if they conform to the new SATA
configuration. I haven't seen any mechanical drives for it yet.

HD's have come down in price to amazing values, but relatively speaking
you still get what you pay for.  I'm running 5 multi core computers with
a total of over 20 HDs.  My external backup drives are 2T each.  I do a
lot of photography and AVI work as well as having two set up for ham
radio in addition to their other duties..  Two will probably have XP Pro
as long as the hardware will run it.  I have too much legacy equipment
that only had XP drivers available. 4 of the 5 are multi boot with
various combinations of Win 7 Ultimate, XP Pro, and Fedora LINUX.

73

Roger (K8RI)