[Amps] SHV connectors great, but where to find coax?

To: <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: [Amps] SHV connectors great, but where to find coax?
From: "Carl Clawson" <carlclawson@verizon.net>
Date: Fri, 10 Sep 2010 20:44:50 -0700
I've enjoyed all the back and forth over HV connectors on this group. I've
become quite positive towards SHV connectors but for one thing: where do you
find short lengths of HV rated coax? As far as I've been able to find, you
can't buy less than 1000 feet at a time.

The DC dielectric strength of polyethylene being on the order of 20 kV/mm, I
suspect that the rated stuff is not very different from ordinary everyday
coax except for testing and qualification, but I just feel better using
components withing their specifications when I can.

73, Carl WS7L