Re: [Amps] SHV connectors great, but where to find coax?

To: amps@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [Amps] SHV connectors great, but where to find coax?
From: Roger <sub1@rogerhalstead.com>
Date: Mon, 13 Sep 2010 21:42:01 -0400

On 9/13/2010 2:14 PM, Carl wrote:
> [...]
Personally I don't care how any one builds if they take into account the
ramifications of not following good safety practices. (as long as I'm
not the recipient).  However like most drivers that have little of any
concept of the dangers involved, Ignorance is bliss.  BTW we have
improved our safety record.  We're down from a highway toll of over
53,000 a year to 43,000 killed and many times that injured or maimed for
life. Of course our medical system and lost production from probably
over half a million costs the rest of us mightily.   Now I'm going to
get my "rope" safety belt and do some tower work. <:-))

> Many still refuse to use seat belts or walk against the traffic light.
Which in many if not most states can bring a fine.
>   Using
> a PL-259 for a modest HV is also a whole lot less dangerous than walking in
> the woods with a round chambered and the safety off. Or walking down an
> unlit street in dark clothes. Or riding a bicycle without a helmet.
Or riding on the wrong side of the road, although if a licensed driver
it can bring points in addition to a ticket in some states.
> Or
> walking around in most cities after dark in certain sections.
>
> In this country more die in one year from skating or snowmobiling
(or lightning)but that's kind of a poor example as your odds of getting hit by
lightning are many times that of winning the lottery which are many times that
of getting fried on a PL259.