[Amps] VARIACS

To: amps@contesting.com
Subject: [Amps] VARIACS
From: donroden@hiwaay.net
Date: Thu, 23 Sep 2010 09:44:27 -0500
I have several POWERSTAT  single phase variable autotransformers
120vac in / 0-140vac out @ 15 amps or 2.1 KVA .   They are motor
driven by a SLO-SYN synchronous stepper motor with adjustable upper
and lower limit set points.  These can be remote controlled by two
spst push buttons, or a center-off dpst lever switch. Mount them
behind your desk, out of the way.

One variac could step-start a 220vac linear at half voltage and ramp
up to full voltage + a smidgen.  Brushes and brush surfaces are as
new.  You could put one on both sides of the 220vac and start at zero
volts.  I'm unsure of shipping and packing costs from MAIL-PRO, but
send me a zipcode and I will get a close estimate.  $100+ ship&pack
while supplies last.

Don WA4NPL