Re: [Amps] Pulse tuning

To: "'Robrk'" <robrk@nidhog.net>, "'W5CUL'" <w5cul@sbcglobal.net>
Subject: Re: [Amps] Pulse tuning
From: "Gary Schafer" <garyschafer@comcast.net>
Date: Thu, 23 Sep 2010 12:48:00 -0500

If you want to know if pulse tuning really helps try this:
Tune up your amp in the normal way with carrier for maximum  output.
Then turn on the pulse generator device with the same  amount  of drive and
see what the peak envelope power is.

Now retune for maximum peak envelope power out with the pulse signal drive.

How much difference in peak envelope power output is there?

Not how much  difference between pep and carrier but how much difference in
pep after the two different tune up methods. I bet it isn't much.

73
Gary  K4FMX