Re: [Amps] time to death...

To: amps@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [Amps] time to death...
From: donroden@hiwaay.net
Date: Thu, 11 Nov 2010 15:29:55 -0600
> On 11/11/2010 2:11 PM, Colin Lamb wrote:
>> A friend of mine has a retractable gear aircraft.  It has a gear
>> lever that goes forward and backward to make it go down and up.

The Rockwell 114s have a lever that is shaped like a tire.... up is up
/ down is down.  The flap lever is shaped like a flap... again, up is
up and down is down.

Those Collins / Rockwell guys were clever buggers.

In addition, any power under 40% with the gear up gave an alarm, and
any flaps past 20% with the gear up gave an alarm.

Even with all these warnings, I've heard of 114s landing gear up.........

Just when you think you have made something foolproof... they build a
better fool.

Don W4DNR