Re: [Amps] time to death...

To: amps <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [Amps] time to death...
From: Ron Youvan <ka4inm@tampabay.rr.com>
Date: Fri, 12 Nov 2010 23:40:01 +0000
Bill, W6WRT wrote:

> 999 times out of a thousand, a single green LED would be ok, but there
> could be that one time where a tired or inexperienced pilot gets
> confused and thinks that green means "the gear is safely up and we are
> ready to fly". Sounds silly, but I guarantee Murphy lives for moments
> like this.  :-)

> Having one green and one red is more unambiguous, IMO. Even a non-pilot
> could look at red OR green over the gear handle and figure it out.

   I don't like planes, still I have had friends that were flight instructors
so I have heard a lot, but aren't labels like a simple dymo or an etched
plate allowed in situations like this?  That is what I would do.
   Isn't this off topic?
--
    Ron  KA4INM - nothin's quite as sure as change
                  from "look through my window" - The Mamas & The Papas