Re: [Amps] AL-82 Blowing fuses on startup

To: Gary McAdams <g.m.mcadams@comcast.net>, amps@contesting.com, Carl <km1h@jeremy.mv.com>
Subject: Re: [Amps] AL-82 Blowing fuses on startup
From: Glen Zook <gzook@yahoo.com>
Date: Sun, 14 Nov 2010 10:30:40 -0800 (PST)
The voltage that most of the major electric companies now target is 125 volts
+/- 2 volts.  Voltages on the "+" side are very common during the warmer months
when there is generally a heavier load due to air conditioning.

Unfortunately, most of the light bulbs sold by retailers are 120 volt bulbs and
they just don't last that long when the voltage is 125 volts, or more.  There
are 130 volt bulbs available but the retailers definitely don't "push" them
because when the 130 volt bulbs are used the sales of bulbs decreases
dramatically.

Glen, K9STH

Website:  http://k9sth.com