Re: [Amps] 3CX1000A7

To: "Jim Malone" <wa3lbi@me.com>, <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [Amps] 3CX1000A7
From: "Carl" <km1h@jeremy.mv.com>
Date: Mon, 15 Nov 2010 21:52:14 -0500
Ive been using that tube in my 2M amp for over 25 years and it sill puts out
over 1500W and it was used when I got it. The Westinghouse branded spare
(made by Eimac??) gets tossed in once a year for a couple of days.

They come up on the market very seldom and often very expensive as the
primary user was 1000W VHF translator service on mountain tops in the
boonies which are long obsolete.

It is also the lowest power Eimac rebuildable tube and its a shame that it
didnt continue as a regular base socketed tube such as the wimpy 8877. A
3CX1000A7 socket often sells for more than the tube.

Carl
KM1H