Re: [Amps] 3CX1000A7 and larger

To: amps@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [Amps] 3CX1000A7 and larger
From: Steve Thompson <g8gsq@f2s.com>
Date: Wed, 17 Nov 2010 08:57:35 +0000
I work at John's (pre-) driver levels, but have just completed
20kW pulse amps for 214MHz. The output stage is 24 x Freescale
MOSFETs, each running 4W in, just under 1kW out, which is pretty
remarkable. If you can find a way to keep them cool, the apps guys
tell me you can push 800W cw from one. At $400 each, I'd be
nervous trying.

Steve