Re: [Amps] brass or BNP hardware

To: "Mike Saculla" <fqm@msn.com>, "amps@contesting" <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [Amps] brass or BNP hardware
From: pfizenmayer <pfizenmayer2@q.com>
Date: Tue, 23 Nov 2010 10:01:15 -0700
I can confirm what John K5PRO says - I worked at Gates Radio in the early
1960's in the AM broadcast section . If a piece of steel hardware got put in
about anywhere in the RF areas of the 50 and 100KW HF transmitters it would
be turned black before the TX got out of final test . All hardware at that
time was supposed to be nickel plated brass.

73 hank K7HP