Re: [Amps] PI-L Thoughts!

To: amps@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [Amps] PI-L Thoughts!
From: Vic K2VCO <vic@rakefet.com>
Date: Sat, 11 Dec 2010 11:04:51 -0800
There's one more possibility that you haven't mentioned: add a small inductance
between
the plate and the input of the pi-network. This makes it an "L-Pi" or "L-Pi-L"
network.
The effect is to transform the impedance to a lower value BEFORE the normal pi
section so
you can use more capacity and still have a decent Q. The inductor will have a
large effect
on the highest bands, but be insignificant on the lower bands.

This is the approach I've taken with my 2x813 amplifier, where the output
capacity for 2
tubes is 28 pf. -- and that's before the circuit strays, RF choke, etc.

Vic, K2VCO
Fresno CA
http://www.qsl.net/k2vco/