Re: [Amps] Black heat shields

To: amps@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [Amps] Black heat shields
From: "Roger (K8RI)" <sub1@rogerhalstead.com>
Date: Sun, 19 Dec 2010 23:54:05 -0500

On 12/19/2010 11:19 PM, Mike wrote:
> All the direct TV ones I have seen are gray

They aren't large enough to be of concern.  We are talking about
"C-band" dishes large enough when focused the heat will melt solder. The
small ones are 8' while the typical large ones go up to around 16' in
diameter. The little one I had in the back yard (8') could be seen from
space (Google Earth)

73

Roger (K8RI)