[Amps] Fuses

To: <Amps @contesting.com>
Subject: [Amps] Fuses
From: "Carol Richards" <n2mm@comcast.net>
Date: Thu, 6 Jan 2011 19:43:34 -0500
In the last contest one of the fuses in my Alpha 78 blew. Actually it became
extremely hot and transferred the heat to the cap of the fuse holder. I managed
to really burn my fingers. Nevertheless, I managed to pull the fuse out and
replace the fuse cap and replace the fuse. My questions are what kind of fuses
does Alpha use ( they are not the clear glass ones) and where can I get them? I
have an extra one or two, but obviously I would like to have more on hand. I
seem to recall them as 15A buss fuses. I assume they are slow-blow. Of course I
can put in glass ones, but I was wondering why Alpha uses  these?

Carol