Re: [Amps] Fuses

To: amps@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [Amps] Fuses
From: "Vic, K2VCO" <vic@rakefet.com>
Date: Thu, 06 Jan 2011 20:14:54 -0800
You can also get some values of 250v ceramic fuses at Home Depot, etc.
They are used in microwave ovens. I agree that slow blows are not likely
to be correct for an amplifier -- they are very slow and are often
specified for motors, etc. If an amp needs a SB it probably needs a
soft-start. You would want a fast blow in case of an arc or something.

On 1/6/11 5:12 PM, Carl wrote:
> Most likely ceramic fast blow and they should be specified in the manual.
>
> Mouser and others carry them, be sure to get the 250V rated ones.
>
> Carl
> KM1H

Vic, K2VCO
Fresno CA