[Amps] transistor matching question

To: Amps <Amps@contesting.com>
Subject: [Amps] transistor matching question
From: Dan Sawyer <dansawyer@earthlink.net>
Date: Thu, 13 Jan 2011 06:54:26 -0800
Good morning, I am assembling and eb-104 amplifier board. A couple of
questions:

I have a set of MRF-150 devices to select the 4 required. Using a curve
tracer I am able to find devices that have common gain within 5%, Is
that close enough?

Based on measurements with bipolar devices, it appears as though the MRF
150 also have the equivalent to emitter ballast resistors. That is the
slope of the iv curve is noticeably upward in some of the devices. Also
interesting in one of the devices there appears to be no ballast value,
that is the curve is effectively flat. Is it also required to match the
ballast value? What is that resistance called in a MOSFET device? What
is its purpose?

Thanks, Dan kb0qil