Re: [Amps] Transformer adivice

To: slash_dot@msn.com, amps@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [Amps] Transformer adivice
From: TexasRF@aol.com
Date: Thu, 13 Jan 2011 08:31:12 EST
Dave the $410 transformer offered by Ameritron is used in their
AL1200/1500/82 amplifiers and delivers about 3600vdc no load and good for 1A+
full
load.

If you are looking for a lower voltage/current/price transformer, they also
 sell transformers used in their AL800 and 800H amplifiers. You might want
to review that.

Ameritron/MFJ is passing on their volume purchase pricing on amplifier
parts like this and we all benefit. Their purchase volume is improved by having
 both manufacturing and retail parts purchases thrown together like that.
This  makes a win/win scenario and that is a good thing!

There are a few transformer manufacturers around that will take orders for
a single transformer. I personally have not ordered from any of them but
perhaps  there are others here that have and will tell us about it.

73,
Gerald K5GW

In a message dated 1/12/2011 9:53:44 P.M. Central Standard Time,