Re: [Amps] eb-104 bias question

To: Amps <Amps@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [Amps] eb-104 bias question
From: Dan Sawyer <dansawyer@earthlink.net>
Date: Sun, 16 Jan 2011 21:00:22 -0800
Thank you for all for your replies. They uncovered an interesting series
of errors. I removed R6 and the result was the bias surged and wiped out
a MOSFET - unambiguous 'white flash'. Whoops.

The IC was installed backwards and the R6 in place; the result was a
voltage drop. The MOSFETs do draw a small current, hence the bias
circuit 'sort' of worked. I removed the old IC and reinserted a new one.
Now at least the bias circuits work, they support a constant voltage
with a small current draw.

This project has been a series of errors, mine. I hope I have worked
through them. I am looking for a way to go slow, 150s are too expensive
to use as fuses. :)

Dan