[Amps] Fireing up a old Tl922 amplifier.

To: <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: [Amps] Fireing up a old Tl922 amplifier.
From: "BEHIELS JEAN-PIERRE" <ON4AEF@base.be>
Date: Fri, 21 Jan 2011 08:57:47 +0100
 Hi;

 Best wishes for you all for 2011.

 I am quit making my own start delay into a old (1988)TL922 amp.
I made two primary transformer start up delays  for : A for filament supply.
                                                      B for HV sequencial
start-up supply.

 A little explanation about my substantial modifications concerning the
TL922 power supplys.
By powering-on I switch all ready a resistance of 10 ohm/50W into the
primary of the filament transformer circuit.
After about 3 minutes I switch on the HV tension with in series a resistance
of 47ohm/50W by means of timer T1
I mean time I also swich-out the 10 ohm/50 W of the primary of the filament
transformer by means of that same timer T1'
After 5 minutes I switch-out the 47 ohm/50W resistor of the primary of the
HV-supply transformer by means of timer T2.

 This principle works quit very well and it is very safely for the start-up
life time of the 3-500Z tubes ?
But I was a little bit scary about the cuurent (1A over 47 ohms is 47W
!!!)witch flows of the HV-supply
without charge during the 47 ohm/50W resistance was in circuit..
Just some bleeders resistances over the HV-supply C's and over the whole
supply as stabilisation of the power HV-supply output.
I could not believe it was about 1A ???
That was quit a good reason to ask some question around ?
Today I leave the whole AMP under supply for a whole day nothing happens
around.
May I conclude everything is normal behind my old Tl922 ?

So a big story but I like to now some others guys opinion and experiences
around this remarquable
consumption of the HV-supply and measurement I made around a TL 922.

73's Jean ON4AEF.