[Amps] Pi/L in Ameriton amps?

To: "amps@contesting.com" <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: [Amps] Pi/L in Ameriton amps?
From: "Ulf (SM0NOR)" <ulf@sm0nor.com>
Date: Wed, 26 Jan 2011 13:04:07 +0100
I'm helping a friend of mine who bought a damaged 811H. Transformer and tubes
where gone. New transformer is on the way from Ameritron and tubes we found
locally. I think we will have it up and running on no time! Now my question: is
it a pi/l tank in this amp? The manual says so but the second coil has only two
tappings. Does it mean that the high bands goes through the same inductance and
the low bands go through the whole coil? What does it do for the intermediate
resistance? I noticed all Ameritron amps are the same.

Sent from my iPhone