Re: [Amps] Pi/L in Ameriton amps?

To: "'Carl'" <km1h@jeremy.mv.com>, "'Ulf \(SM0NOR\)'" <ulf@sm0nor.com>
Subject: Re: [Amps] Pi/L in Ameriton amps?
From: "Gary Schafer" <garyschafer@comcast.net>
Date: Wed, 26 Jan 2011 12:12:17 -0500
If you look closely at the AL1500 it is pi L only on 160 and 80. The L2 coil
is completely shorted out on 40 - 10 meters.

With pi L a much smaller output tune capacitor can be used than with just a
pi network as the impedance at the output of the pi part can be made higher
than 50 ohms which requires less capacitance to tune.

73
Gary  K4FMX