Re: [Amps] I answered it.

To: <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [Amps] I answered it.
From: "Jeff Blaine" <keepwalking188@yahoo.com>
Date: Sun, 30 Jan 2011 14:29:05 -0600
Gary,

It depends on the band that is giving the trouble.  And what works for one guy
may not work for another.

I run an all all-attic stealth installation here at KW power levels - in a
residential neighbourhood.  With quiet neighbours and no
grumbling problems.  At least in the house, the lower bands are more trouble
than the higher ones.  All common mode issues, as Jim
suggests.  And for the low bands, that means type 31 is by far the best choice.

K9YC has an exceptional presentation here that provides characterization data
and construction info on the construction of the choke
configuration I use here.  With excellent results.

http://www.audiosystemsgroup.com/CoaxChokesPPT.pdf

73, Jeff ACØC
www.ac0c.com