[Amps] Henry 2K4

To: amps@contesting.com
Subject: [Amps] Henry 2K4
From: John <johndtate@post.com>
Date: Tue, 08 Mar 2011 03:56:10 -0500
Greetings Amplifier Aficionados!

This is KX5JT.  You guys may remember a year ago after acquiring a
Henry 2K4 amplifier that I pressed into A.M. service, I had to replace
the improperly designed toroidal filament choke.  It was NOT bifilar
wound.  A bifilar wound replacement took care of the AC hum on the
carrier.

Well, one of the Eimac 3-500Z's had a sagging element and after heating
shorted and took out a block rectifier in the P.S.

SOOOO I have replacement HV block rectifiers and I have the originals
out of the bottom of the case.  HOW ON EARTH do I get those new ones in
place and soldered in there?  With the plate transformer in place, it's
VERY tight.  Am I just going to have to cram my hands in there and do
my best to screw the back side of those rectifers in place and solder
in that tight dark area?

I'm HOPING there is some trick to gaining better access.  I see the
entire "chassis" for the power supply is basically a steel box that
COULD be removed from the "case" but that would be delicate and
involved to say the least.  Removing the plate transformer itself would
free up a lot of room but how to I access the two screws toward the
FRONT of the amp (screwing down the plate xformer) from the back of the
amp?

Pulling my hair out trying to figure out what should be simple...

John KX5JT